BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Do you have time to "waste"

If you are a Mommy, then probably not. I know I don't. Well I didn't.  Lately I have not been able to sleep too well at night. P goes to bed around 10-11pm. Now you would think, after a full day of cleaning, cooking, picking up around  here, running errands, dealing with a 3.5 yr old, I would be out before my head hit the pillow. Well, that would not be the case AT ALL. I am wide awake. Usually until 1 or sometimes 2am. (and once in a while even later) WoW...how do I function? I am extremely lucky bc C will sleep in usually until 10-10:30am. (he goes to bed with his Daddy, other wise he is up @ 4AM, NO THANKS)  ;)

So what do I do for this spare couple of hours? I blog, I catch up on your blogs, I catch up on my email, I facebook, I read, etc.

Well that is until I found this website... www.sporcle.com  It is a fun site where time will fly by. I am new to this site, so I am not sure what all it offers, but I am addicted to its game area. It challenges you on all different types or categories. Examples, do you know all the states? or their capitols? or even their largest cities?  Do you know ads or trademarks for companies? Do you know all the Presidents? Or the most popular baby names? Do you know characters or catch phrases from sitcoms? The list goes on and on.

Really, you must check it out. And if you do, let me know what you think.
I am also fairly new to facebook, which is also a great way to "waste" time you don't have.  ;)  Seriously though, it is a GREAT way to keep in touch with friends & family. And even to track down a lost friend or loved one.
There are so many great things out there...we need to go to congress to get them to extend our days to like 30 hours, so we can still do all these things and spend time with our families and friends. 
If you are on facebook and want to be friends, send me an email. I would love to get to know you even better.
Isn't the internet AWESOME?

5 ?'s, comments or concerns:

He & Me + 3 said...

I spend way too much time on blogger. I have a facebook account...but don't really use it, so I am a very bad facebook friend. I go on to accept friends and then off again. If I get addicted to one more thing my family will disown me. LOL
I may sneak a peak at the site though. :)

Jennifer said...

I'm the same way! I hurry around here all day long and exhaust myself, but I still cannot sleep. I think it is because I just need some down time while every ones else sleeps around here! I usually catch up on blogs and FB as well!! Are we facebook friends yet?

Unknown said...

Sounds like me :) I raised over $300 in 12 hours for my friends son on FB-got it all set up last night-good stuff! HUGS. My usual bed time-1am
Jen

Heather said...

You and I are on the SAME schedule!!! I cannot get to sleep at night, so I am a huge night owl! Sometimes I blog or read blogs, but most of the time I lay there and watch TV on DVD, like "Friends!"

Susie said...

Jeez just when I thought I knew all about Grey's Anatomy--I couldn't even name all of the characters!
Oh, and I only got 8 out of the 13 colonies--good grief. I think if given another minute, I would have gotten them all.
Not good under pressure!!!!!
This is one fun website. Thanks Kelly.