BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I'm Baaaack!!!

Did anyone miss me?  ;)

To say that I have been busy would be an understatement. (I am sure that most of us are this time of year)
My house is back to itself. The tree is down and packed away with the rest of the decor. My floors are swept and mopped. All clothes are washed, folded and put away. Dishes are done. All toys are opened and put away. And both CJ's playroom and bedroom are re-arranged and organized with all his new things.

WHEW...We made it.

Our Christmas was AWESOME. We are truly blessed.
Everything went smoothly. With the exception of my Grandmother, she is 83, making a trip to the ER. She is fine, but she has been having some trouble with her eye itching her. She rubbed it so much that she bruised it. (OUCH) So she missed the little ones opening some of their gifts, but we made sure to go back friday for her to give them the gifts from her, so she could see them at least open those.

My MIL has been fighting cancer for about two years now. First it was ovarian cancer, then it was a couple spots in her stomach (which they are still attacking with chemo), then a couple spots on her brain (which she had radiation for) and is now back to the chemo for her stomach.
She is worn down. PLEASE pray for her. She can use them. (THANKS)

About a year ago PJ and I read a Purpose Driven Life (by Pastor Rick Warren). A couple months ago we did a Bible study by him called 40 Days of Community. For Christmas I received another book by him called The purpose of Christmas. I am so excited to start reading it.
I also received lots of other FUN stuff.

CJ though...he hit the mother load. That happens when you have a Grandma and an Aunt that SPOIL you.  He received, two game systems (the Smart Cycle and the Leapfrog Computer system for the tv) He also received a couple games each for them as well as for his Vsmile. Other things were a Little Einstein's globe and rocket chair, an aqua doodle, too many dvd's to list, three new Thomas the Train sets, a few Handy Manny things, including the cutest rolling backpack that will be PERFECT for pre-school (just the right size), a lightning McQueen couch/bed, a fire truck puzzle that he can color himself,  a HUGE fire truck (it is longer than he is tall), a dress up fire costume, a talking fire helmet, a Thomas blanket, a new train table and wooden train set, an alphabet sponge puzzle rug, a new bathtub toy, a small kid sized hall tree for his own coats and hats, a dart gun superhero thing, (it shoots balls through holes or something).
I know there is more, but my mind is going blank.
OH, he also received a check from his Grandma. (which we do not know what he will get with that). For now it is going in the bank. The boy needs NOTHING!!!
I will post some pictures later. ;)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and made lots of memories to last a lifetime.
I am still catching up on reading your blogs, but I will get there.

I am coming up on my 100th post (this week) And I think I will do a give away for it. Details will follow soon.

HUGS

7 ?'s, comments or concerns:

Unknown said...

Of course I missed you! We just had our Christmas today :) I got the same book by Rick Warren from my MIL-haven't started it yet!
HUGS!
Jen

McCrakensx4 said...

We all miss you! I am glad that you had a great day..sounds like lots of fun! Isn't Rick Warren awesome?! We like him too! Our pastor is friends with him, which is waaayyy cool! Hope your grandma's eye gets better soon and oh, I love the new look! (no more OSU stuff is good with me!!!)

He & Me + 3 said...

Yes, you were missed. First off, I love the new header and your blog layout is beautiful. Sounds like you had a great Christmas and CJ did hit the mother load. He will be occupied for months with all those toys. Welcome back!

Lisa said...

Sounds like you all had a nice Christmas. Gotta love it when the kids get tons and tons of goodies. I wish my house was clean. I took down the tree, but still have more to put away and we have toys EVERYWHERE. Wanna come help me? Anyway, I love the new look to your blog and the picture is WONDERFUL.

Nancy Hood said...

Can't believe you didn't have a white Christmas. I think anyone north of the Tennessee line should have snow :) Happy New Year!!

Florida Girl said...

I can't believe you have all your stuff put away already! I still have wrapping all over my livingroom floor! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas- we did, too!

Debra Kaye said...

Kelly,

Yes, you were missed! I can't believe you have everything put away already! I love your new look...fabulous!

I'll be praying for your mother in law. And yes, Rick Warren's stuff is just awesome.

Blessings to you sweet friend!