BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Pumpkin? or Pumpkin Turkey?

CJ and I did a Thanksgiving "project". I have had these miniature pumpkins laying around since early October and finally decided to put them to some use. So we made turkeys out of them.

CJ had a good time. He finally got to use his kid scissors. Anything we would have done would have been ok with him as long as he could use those scissors.

On each of the "feathers" we (I) wrote "CJ is thankful for..." and then in crayon wrote something he told me his was thankful for. There are four feathers on our Turkey's because this year marks CJ's 4th Thanksgiving. It will also be the first Thanksgiving that we will actually be celebrating with family and on the actual day reserved.

Here are some pictures of our work.
Thanksgiving project 007
is it obvious that he does not get to use his scissors often? he wanted to "pose" with them.  ha ha ha

Thanksgiving project 008
using his scissors that he loves so much

Thanksgiving project 009
almost finished

Thanksgiving project 010 
Our finished project

I am looking for more projects to do with CJ. He is 3 1/2 yrs. If you have any fun easy ideas for the holidays I would love to hear them. THANKS!!!

12 ?'s, comments or concerns:

He & Me + 3 said...

Super cute. I will have to break out the teacher file for you! There are so many fun holiday projects for little ones!

Lisa said...

What a cute turkey. I will pull a recipe to make Christmas ornaments and post it to my blog. We made the ornaments last year, but I also did imprints of Cameron's hands and feet and gave them to his grandparents. It is fun and very easy and he can use the cookie cutters to cut out he ornament shape that he wants.

Davisix said...

I love that he is so excited about his scissors. LOL! And I love this craft...so fun to hear what the little ones are thankful for. :)

♥ Becky ♥ said...

I love the little Turkey, very cute.

Us said...

So so cute!!! And what a great way to have them think of things they are thankful for! Love this! xo Keli

McCrakensx4 said...

SSOOO ,much fun and I just love the smile with the finished project! He was so proud! Ctue pumpkin turkey or was it turkey pumpkin! Handprint turkeys are always fun, and it is a keepsake b/c of the handprint!

Debra Kaye said...

I have seen your sweet face all over our other bloggin buddies blogs and wanted to come say hey for quite some time...so...nice to meet ya!

Your little one is just too cute!

((hugs)) to you!

Florida Girl said...

Great job, Mom! I love your turkey!! My son & I once made an Indian headdress & vest out of paper grocery sacs. It was fun & I got to talk to him a bit about the first thanksgiving while we worked. He wore that thing around for days!

Prihandoko said...

nice family with nice kid. I should learn a large from you.

Unknown said...

fun project and so cute, did you make this up?

Susie said...

OMG that is soooooo cute! CJ is adorable and looks like he had tons of fun doing this. I'm totally copying!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Drive safe!

Nancy Hood said...

He is such a cutie, Kelli!! What warm heart memories you are making together :)