BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A pinch of this and a dash of that

CJ and I did another activity yesterday. It was mentioned about doing the hand print turkeys...well, my son refuses to agree to get "dirty", so painting his hands for the turkey body was out. So, I did the next best thing...I traced his hand.  ;) I am SO clever. (ha ha ha)

He actually enjoyed having his hand traced. "it "kickles" Mommy". I just love the word "kickles", so much cuter coming from him though.  Once we were done with the project we went on to do small duplicates in card fashion for everyone for Thanksgiving. Somehow though I managed to miss getting a picture of those and they are all tucked away now. Sorry. Maybe next time.

Here is a picture of the first project though. Oh we also used leaf stickers, bc what kind of a project would it really be with out stickers?

Collin-11-25-08 early Christmas 009 

Yesterday we had lots of errands to do before leaving today for our Thanksgiving get-away. The hubby and I decided it would be a good time to go ahead and give CJ his early Christmas gift. You know the portable dvd player that we bought for him and us.  ;) Well, for our sanity really, for the long 4-5 hr drives we take several times a year. So, once month before Christmas and CJ has already gotten his "big" gift.
Collin-11-25-08 early Christmas 002   
     such a bad Mommy, I am...I did not even wrap it.  (oops) he did NOT care

Collin-11-25-08 early Christmas 004  
   he kept saying "hey Mommy, I saw this is my toy book" (toy book = Target toy catalog that came in the mail with coupons. He has carried that "toy book" around with his since it arrived, even taking it to bed with him. And always eager to show anyone who will look what ALL he wants out of it.)

Collin-11-25-08 early Christmas 005 
 
Collin-11-25-08 early Christmas 006
     "in action"

Collin-11-25-08 early Christmas 008
  The real test...will it keep him occupied?  Yes it is all day long while we ran our errands. And BONUS...he likes using the headphones over listening to it with out. (YES) Probably bc those headphones are so soft.
  I highly recommend this product and I am not being paid to say that to you. ;)

This afternoon we are off to Indiana for five days. I am SO excited. I can not wait. Please keep us in your prayers today for a safe trip there and back (on Sunday/Monday)
I am hoping to be able to post while we are there. (I am bringing my laptop) I am not sure however if I will be or not. I can not remember if they have wireless service. 

I am off now to have breakfast with my Mom and sister.
Everyone have a wonderful day.

6 ?'s, comments or concerns:

McCrakensx4 said...

Too cute..and yes our portable DVD player is a trip saver! Praying for safe travels to you and wishing you and the fam a Happy Thanksgiving! ~Stacey

Lisa said...

We looked at those DVD players for Cameron and they are nice. Definitely look like they wouldn't or couldn't break for anything (lol). I hope he enjoys it and it keeps him busy. I love the idea with the headphones too!!

I am so into the arts and crafts which reminds me I need to get you that recipe for those Christmas ornaments I was talking about. I love his little hand turkeys (too cute).

Happy Thanksgiving Kelly!! I will keep you all in my prayers for safe travels!!

He & Me + 3 said...

We love our DVD player in the car. Whoever made those things was a genuis. Makes those dreaded trips slightly more bearable. Remember...I hate to travel anywhere:) Have a safe and fun trip! Happy Thanksgiving!

Debra Kaye said...

I hope you have a safe trip and a great Thanksgiving!

((hugs)) to you!

Shannon said...

My son is already on his second DVD player, and he's not even 4! When he got his first one my family thought we were crazy...until they had to keep him a couple days and were really happy to have it in the car. It's great for trips. The first one got messed up because of food and juice. A great investment:)

Jen Highfield said...

We have got to get one of those DVD players! I'm sold!!! I love the pictures you took, too. He's a cutie!!