BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 21, 2008

It was this day...

Two years ago this evening was the last time I had a two way conversation with my Dad. He had not been feeling well, just a little under the weather, nothing serious. Or so he (and we) thought.
My niece (who was 11 at the time) had a Thanksgiving day program at her school. (the 21st, two years ago was a tuesday and just two days before Thanksgiving) We all went. My Dad said he was feeling better so he came too. He was so excited that CJ was coming bc one of the Mom's that he had gotten to know through my nieces school (my Dad was the one to take my niece to and pick her up from school, so he knew most of the parents), was going to be there with her little girl that  was close to CJ's age. This woman and her husband along with my Dad as the ringleader, teased that CJ would be this babies boyfriend in the years to come.  My Dad was also VERY proud of his grandson...so he took every opportunity to show him off. (CJ was 19 months at this time)
After the program was over we talked for a few minutes, but Dad was tired and ready to go home. So we said our "Goodbyes" and all headed in our own directions. If only I would have know that in less than 24hrs, the world as my Dad knew it would be gone. And my sister and I would face the hardest time in our lives.

So today, I am a little sad. I know that it is selfish of me. Dad is in a better place, but even knowing that does not change the fact that I miss him MORE and MORE EVERY day that passes. My son will never remember  his Grandpa. And my Dad will not be here to see my son grow up. Rather he will have a front row seat watching from heaven.

I love you Dad (and I mean it).

8 ?'s, comments or concerns:

Shannon said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard day. It is such a blessing to have had a special Daddy relationship. Thinking of you today...

Mc Allen said...

Aww, Im sorry. Sounds like he was a teriffic dad! LA

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so sorry, but thankful too that you will see him again one day in heaven. That will be a wonderful reunion!
Sorry that today is hard for you. I pray that you have a peaceful day!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

I totally understand what you are going through. It sounds a lot like the way I lost my Dad although mine was a lot longer ago. But every year on Christmas I miss him just a little more than all the other days.
I hope your Dad will smile down on you from Heaven today!!

Lisa said...

It is not selfish of you at all. I am sorry that you are experiencing the sadness and the emptiness of your Dad being gone. Just know that your Dad is watching over you all, every day and one day soon you will both be reunited and what a glorious day that will be. Hang in there girl and know that I am thinking of you today!! ~ HUGS ~

Nancy Hood said...

Oh dear friend, my dad passed over July of '04 and I miss him now even more. Even knowing where he is and that we'll reunite doesn't take the ache of wanting one more hug NOW. I'm thinking of you, Kels, and sending you a hug.
Also! how did you get this precious font on the post?! Do share that with me!

Davisix said...

Though I didn't really know my dad I can still understand what you're feeling today. And I'm sorry. That reunion is coming some day...praise God! {Hugs} to you!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh Kelly, I am so sorry for your loss, but excited that he will see you again in Heaven. Remembering him is the best way to keep him alive. Praying that you have a peaceful night.