BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Date with My Husband

Today my Mom agreed to keep CJ, so that PJ and I could go on a date. The plans were set for us to go to church, then to lunch and then to the movies. Well it is nice to have a plan, but life does not always follow our plans. Hubby was not feeling well this morning and just after CJ left with my Mom it was decided that we would not be going to church. (he HATES missing church, so I thought this may put a damper on our day) We decided that we would go ahead and go to the earlier show and then do lunch and go to church this evening. Just reverse our plans.

So we headed out to see Fireproof. I have been waiting anxiously to see this movie. I have been very patient and it paid off. This is such a great movie. So much so that I am recommending it to our best friends who are 10 months into a nasty divorce. I am also buying them the book The Love Dare. I am not sure at this point it will do any good, but I feel that I am being led to do this. So who am I not to listen? If you have not seen the movie, do it for yourself and your marriage, whether it is a new marriage, old marriage, great marriage or rocky marriage.
You can watch a trailor for the movie here... www.fireproofthemovie.com After the movie we were going to go to lunch, but I noticed a Barnes & Noble just down from the theater. We do not have a good bookstore in our town, so we decided to check it out. I have been wanting the book written by the Gosselins. Multiple Blessings. I love the show Jon & Kate plus 8 on TLC. I found the book and since it was a new release it was 20% off. (go me) We were in Barnes and Noble for almost two hours. (oops) Books are addicting. We bought two books, a dvd that goes along with one of the books and a floor puzzle as a Christmas gift. I will be going back there FOR SURE. I think I spent 40 minutes in the kiddie section alone. They have story time and a play area there. We will be checking that out in the near future. We decided we will need to purchase a bookshelf (or two) before making any future trips back. Good thing it is 30 minutes from our home.
After our adventure in the bookstore we were off to my most favorite restaurant.
Don't they have the best food? And added bonus you can shop when you are done or while you wait to be seated. Unfortunately for me (fortunately for my bank acct), the only thing we purchased today was our meal. I did look around though which was as just as much fun. I had their yummy chicken salad and hubby had the french toast. (he always gets breakfast)
It was a great day and we decided that we need to have more "us" time. For the first three years of CJ's life he stayed with no one, but us over night and seldom went with anyone else unless we were along too. Can you say over protective Mom? This past July he had his first sleepover at my Mom's with my nephew. He has since stayed with my Mom five more times. He loves going there and she loves having him. So I think we will take advantage. You never know will baby number 2 is going to come along and it will not be so easy to get "mawkle" (pronouced ma cole) (which is what CJ calls my Mom) to watch them both at the same time.

6 ?'s, comments or concerns:

He & Me + 3 said...

kelly,

I love the movie too. Awesome. It sounds like you had the best day. We love Cracker Barrell too! We are so much alike. I think you are the sister I never had.

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great day!! I have been wanting to see FireProof as well, but haven't been able to get out to see it yet. I heard it was awesome. Oh, I love Cracker Barrel especially their pecan pancakes (YUMMY). I am located in Ohio as well. Where about are you located?

The Allens said...

I came to your website through Katie's - I saw your comment that you are in Ohio. I'm from Ohio and all my family lives there. I'm in Texas now. I am guessing you are farther north than my family as my nieces and nephews really didn't have to bundle up for Trick or Treat this year. That's definitely not always the case, though!

McCrakensx4 said...

What an awesome day! I am waiting until football season is over so that my husband can go to see FrieProof with me. I have heard nothing but good things about it. I can't wait. And Craker Barrell...yummy! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

sad face, we missed you at church, i was looking all over for you!and even asking people. well i guess i will still see you in a couple weeks!;)

Nancy Hood said...

My kind of day :) I haven't seen the movie yet, but loved the book and plan to see their production of it! Did you see Facing the Giants? It was great, too.