BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 6, 2008

48 days to Christmas

PJ and I went Christmas shopping this past weekend. I am happy to report that we are DONE. Well, sort of. Since CJ was with us, we could not buy for him, but I do have a few things for him already. His "big" gift this year is a portable dvd player. While he wants one, this is more a gift for Mommy and Daddy. We make a lot of car trips through out the year and if CJ has a movie or something to watch, he is content. (is that selfish?) He will get his (kid tough, by fisher price, I think) dvd player earlier too, just in time for our Thanksgiving trip to Indiana. Besides our own 3 yr old son to buy for we have 11 other kiddos to get for. Ten of which are 5 and under. (can we say Baby Boom?) The 11th child is my niece, who just turned 13. She will receive a gift card to her favorite store, Aeropostle. The five and under crowd obviously is getting toys. The rest of the people we buy for are getting pictures. PJ's side of the family is getting a picture of all the grandkids. There are five of them and they have never had their picture taken together. That is scheduled to be done after Thanksgiving. My side of the family is getting a picture of the three of us. We have never had a family picture professionally done before. So this year, we are. Once these pictures are done, our Christmas "shopping" will be done. YAY!!! I think this will be a record for me. How about you?

7 ?'s, comments or concerns:

He & Me + 3 said...

Good for you. I plan to get some done tonight actually. i buy starting in October, but then forget and continue to buy...so buying early doesn't always benefit me. A family picture will be so nice too. I can't wait to see it.

Lisa said...

You bought him that portable DVD player by Fisher Price? I was looking at that same thing, but wasn't sure what the price was. We borrowed one from my sister and Cameron just loves hers, but it needs to be given back. We were thinking about getting him a powered car to ride on, but that might wait til his birthday in January. Great to see that you are ahead of the game. We normally wait til the last minute.

Nancy Hood said...

gosh, I can't believe you buy for so many! we always drew names :) doesn't it feel good to be ahead of the game?!

Us said...

Well, you go girl! : ) That's great! I for one am a HUGE fan of the day after Thanksgiving shopping! I have shopped for years with 3 friends. We start at 5:00 am and I don't usually get home until midnight! Crazy huh??? But I love it!!! I'm sure I'll still be shopping with my cane/walker someday!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comments! I love yours!

Unknown said...

you just told everyone what theyre getting!!!!!

Jill said...

We just bought the same DVD player for Miss Lucy....quite expensive, hey?? Thanks for stopping by the blog! Whar part of central Ohio do you live in?

McCrakensx4 said...

I haven't really even started shopping yet, so kuddos to you! :) I love giving pictures as gifts! They are great presents. Here's hoping you get some great shots!