BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I am back! Wow...what a day friday was. Whew...

Hello fellow bloggers. Boy, have I missed you. For the past month (roughly) my laptop has been out being repaired. It is back now and so am I.
I do not enjoy using the desktop computer, so I have not been around much. I am hoping to get caught up this week and stay caught up.

A lot has happened since I last posted. Well since I last regularly posted that is.

I first want to thank you all for your prayers for Collin. To see him or be around him now you would not know anything ever happened to him. (strange) This past friday we took him for his ER follow up appt with his pediatrician. She seems to be more concerned than what I originally thought she would be. I guess this is good, as she is being very thorough. On Monday (4/27) we will go to Children's @ Home clinic for an EEG. We also have an appt with a neurologist and possibly an MRI and appt with a neurosurgeon.
For now Collin is back to acting just like himself with no signs of anything being "wrong". I have heard from many of you as well as some IRL (in real life) friends that sometimes children have seizures and they amount to nothing long term and they just grow out of them. I pray this is the case, but leave it all up to Him. He knows the plan he has for Collin and we just have to play it out and trust in Him.

This was Collin's 2nd "seizure". He had a similar one back in 2006. From that they did find that his right ventricle (on his brain) is larger than his left ventricle. His spinal fluid was draining properly, so it was decided that we would just monitor it through MRI's. To this day, nothing has changed re: the enlarged ventricle and the spinal fluid continues to drain properly. So this may or may not be related to the "seizure".

Please continue to keep Collin in your prayers and I will keep you updated. We did get an RX for him. It is a shot of sorts that can stop a seizure in progress. It is a precautionary thing really and I pray we never have to use it.

Collin turned 4 over the weekend. I hope to have the pictures up from his party etc later this week.

On friday evening, the night before his party I was at the store with my Mom when I get a call from my husband that our hot water tank is leaking. ??? He called the plumber who came out looked at it, called his boss and informed us that our tank was not up to code and he could do nothing for us until it was. ??? Hello...I have a lot of people coming tomorrow for a party and you are telling me I will have NO water???? WHAT?
So, lots and lots of $$$ later...it was determined that we could do away with the gas water tank and its violations and install a new electric water heater. Doing this would save not only time, but LOTS of $$$. So we opted for that and made the appt for saturday morning first thing, so that we would have water by the time of the party that afternoon. Lucky for us Preston's good friend is an electrician and was available to come and hook it up for us. (YAY) So, friday night, 11pm-ish. We leave our house to head over to my Mom's for Preston to get a shower. We get home only to find the police sitting along the side of our house. We get out...walk back to the side where they are and discover that someone has wrecked into the telephone/electric pole in the back of our house and knocked down a piece of our fence.  ???? Again...HELLO...I have numerous little kids coming the next day for a birthday party outside in this very yard. UGH!!! (am i being tested here? is this candid camera???) Luckily we were able to tarp off the area where the fence came down to keep the little ones out of harms way.

WHAT A DAY!!!
Here are a couple pix of the fence.
Collin march-april 2009 064  Collin march-april 2009 065

Collin march-april 2009 066

Collin march-april 2009 067

The good news is we will be getting a new fence which we desperately needed. :)

4 ?'s, comments or concerns:

He & Me + 3 said...

so glad to hear from you. Lots has been happening. I will keep collin in my prayers. can't wait to see the 4 year old pics. How fun.

Unknown said...

things like that all seem to happen at once dont they?

glad to hear C is doing well aftre his incident.

McCrakensx4 said...

Glad to see you back in bloggy land friend. Still keeping your Collin in our prayers. Hoping that all goes well with the appt and tests. Glad that you were able to fix your hot H2O tank, but bummer about your fence! Can't wait to see pics of the party! And we sported orange for Stellan today too! Have a good week!

Nancy Hood said...

bless your heart! yeah, when the devil plays, he plays hard and when He plays, He always wins :)