BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 12, 2009

HAPPY EASTER!!! where am I? and a prayer request for my son.

Hello fellow bloggers. I want to apologize for my lack of blogging lately. A lot has been going on around here and I have been staying busy and not on the computer too much. This may be because my laptop got ill and had to go in for repair and I do not enjoy the desktop as much. I should have the laptop back in a couple weeks. (YAY) Collin's 4th birthday is in one week. I have been busy making all the arrangements for that and getting everything together. I will have LOTS of pictures to share with you all once I get my laptop back. (I can not load my pix to the desktop) :( I would like to ask you all to add Collin to your prayers. (notice I am using his name, so that he can be prayed for by name) This morning we woke up for church, I went to get a shower and get ready. Shortly after Preston (husband) did the same. Collin remained "sleeping". (he was awake, but not up running around yet) I came downstairs to get something out for him to wear to church and he was laying on the floor looking up @ the ceiling. I went over and said "Good Morning Collin" and got no response. So I said it again and again and started talking to him begging him to answer me. By this time my husband heard me not getting a response and heard the worry in my voice, so he came running down. He picked him up, started actiing goofy trying to get him to respond and still nothing. So offer we left for the hospital. (what a ride that was) We got there and went straight back, he was hooked up to machines, etc and still nothing. The nurse started an IV line to try and aggitate him into responding. Which worked...somewhat. He started screaming "OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH" over and over again. And then "Mommy". I was standing right beside him holding his hand and his head and it was like he could not hear or see me. (talk about scary) He went in for a CT scan which revealed nothing we did not already know. After contacting the Dr. on call for his pediatrician it was decided to send us to our Children's Hospital about an hour away. Collin & I got to ride in the ambulance on the way there while Daddy followed us. They checked him out there thouroghly, but since it is Sunday and Easter, an MRI was not done. Collin started acting more and more like himself, so after 7.5 hours we got to come home. First though we went to the cafeteria bc none of us had eaten all day and anything sounded good. His DX...most likely a seizure. (a motionless one, which they refer to as a partial seize) He had one of these when he was 16 months old (he will be 4 next week) and has had numerous MRI's to monitor it. We found out when he had the first one at 16 months that his right ventricle on his brain is larger than his left one. It continues to drain properly, so they just keep an eye on it through the MRI's. Until today he has been a happy and healthy little boy. (not so much as one ear infection in his life) They are not certain this was a seizure it is just the best dx they can come up with, without this happening in the hospital while being monitored. Tomorrow I will be on the phone making calls to set up appts with a neurologist and a neurosurgeon as well as for an MRI and an EEG. We would really appreciate your prayers. I hope each of you enjoyed today with your loved ones and that your Easter was blessed.

8 ?'s, comments or concerns:

Unknown said...

Praying God's healing and clarity for the Dr's & for your sweet Collin.. HOW SCARY!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh Kelly...as I read I have tears in my eyes because I cannot begin to imagine the fear that was gripping you. Holding Collin up in prayer. Please keep us up to date about the situation. God is with you. Thinking and praying for you. Take care, ((hugs)) Stacey

Lisa said...

I have been praying since I saw your post on Facebook. Keeping that sweet boy in my prayers. What a frightening thing to have to experience.

Prayers & Hugs,
Lisa

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh...Kelly, I will be praying for Collin. Thanking God that you were able to come home yesterday and more thankful that we know the great physician. Keep us posted on what you find out.
XO,
Mimi

Kelly said...

Praying for Colin! My girlfriends daughter (age 4/5 at the time , I think,) had the same thing for years. She went on a very strict diet and it worked miracles!! She is seizure free now and has been for almost 5 years!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

That must have been a very scary experience. We will lift you and your sweet little one in prayer. I pray that you feel the peace of love and prayer until you have all the answers you need.

Susie said...

(((HUGS))) to Collin, his daddy, and you Kelly--Holy Cow what a thing to have to go through. I'm relieved he's OK and you got to bring him home and really hope you find some concrete answers asap.
I'll be praying for all of you!
More HUGS,
Susie

Nancy Hood said...

just checked in with you and a sending prayers and hugs your way!! keep us updated, girl!