BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What type of Bible do you use?

I am in the market for a new Bible. This makes me sick bc the Bible that I am using was my Dad's. He read it and gave it to my Mom after their divorce back in 1987. He wrote in it to her. When he passed away she gave it to me.
I love that Bible for more reasons than just the sentimental value it holds. Well, it turns out that bc I was in a hurry and a little upset with my husband, for what I can not remember, I jumped out of the car in a hurry and a huff and the Bible jumped out of my hands into the rain. :'-O (this is me crying, sobbing rather)

See what happens when we huff around and get upset for NO reason!!!

The Bible is salvageable. It is a little "puffy" around the edges wear it was wet the most and it is still readable, etc. However I do not want to take anymore chances with it.

Plus I am really wanting a study or devotional Bible. There are so many Bibles out there that I am just wondering what your thoughts are and what Bible you use and or like/recommend.

THANK YOU!!!

4 ?'s, comments or concerns:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Currently I am using the New Living Translation...however, my husband loves the student bible still...so, i guess we might not be much help but I can say...they are all FANTASTIC!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I have always used the New King James version, but I do like the NIV also.

McCrakensx4 said...

I have the NIV Life Application Study Bible. I like it because it puts it into terms that I can understand. Good luck on your search!

Katie said...

I don't like changing Bibles either! I'm still sad about the one I used as a teenager...all the pages fell out!

How sweet that you have your Dad's Bible. Priceless.

I don't have a study or devo Bible, so I'm not any help there! Good luck.