BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 2, 2009

The bed color is...

BLOG stuf 002

black...

I am not completely convinced that it looks better than the chocolate brown would have, but I am satisfied...for now.  ;)

Here is the opposite view of our bedroom along with the dresser that I want to paint black (or chocolate brown, IF I decide to change the bed color in the spring) so that the two of them match.  ;)
Also the stand on the right side of the bed (as you are looking at the bed) my Mom is giving me a table cloth for it.

BLOG stuf 003
I just want to note that we only bought one piece of furniture for this room. My style is country, but also eclectic, which I think also describes country.
Our bed was free from a complete stranger. (the mattress and box spring were a gift from my Mom when I moved out)
my side table, which you can not see very well used to belong to my parents.
PJ's side table is what we bought. There is a painting of the Horseshoe (Ohio Stadium) on the top and the Ohio State logo on the bottom shelf.
The small dresser in the first picture was my dresser when I was a child and was in the family prior to that.
The cedar chest at the end of the bed belong to my parents.
The dresser with the pictures on it was my Dad's and also in our family for a long time before it was his.
The tan colored dresser belonged to my aunt when she was a young girl and she gave it to us when we bought our house.

8 ?'s, comments or concerns:

Lisa said...

I was really beginning to think I missed the post on your bedroom, but I am glad that I didn't. I like the black... I think it looks good, but now I am trying to imagine the chocolate. You know us girls - can we ever be happy and satified with our decorating!?! haha - I am always wanting to change things up. I totally re-decorated our bedroom about 6 months or so ago and you wouldn't think that I would've ever decorated my room this way, but I did. I love it and it is totally different from what I decorated the whole rest of the house. I will have to take a pic and send it to you. Thanks for sharing the pics!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

I'm with Lisa, I always second guess myself. Our bedroom is one room I want to do some work too also. I sure love that bed cover...

McCrakensx4 said...

I am a girl that doesn't like change!! I have never switched around any furniture from where it was originally put and it has taken me over 4 yrs to decide what color to paint the walls! Thankfully this summer it is all getting painted! I love the look of your bedroom, especially the bedding! I think I would have a hard time deciding btwn black and brown too! Good luck ;)

He & Me + 3 said...

I think it looks great. I love the way it looks. The chest at the end of the bed caught my eye first. I think it is just beautiful! I wanted to repaint our room this break too, but never happened. Maybe over the summer:)

Unknown said...

Looks good sister! YOU GO GIRL for getting it done :)

Unknown said...

i like it, it looks very comfortable and cozy. i love your space! my BRs are small and start to feel cluttered if anything is out of place.

Susie said...

I love that stand next to the bed--and I LOVE the black bed! I've been looking for a headboard for our bed and now want one in black. Are you going to paint the trunk at the bottom of the bed too? That is awesome.
Great job decorating! Feel free to come and update my house anytime!
Oh, and the only furniture that we actually purchased for the second floor was Sophie's dresser. Absolutely every other piece of furniture we have came from my parents. Weird huh?

Us said...

Looks great Kelly!!! I love redecorating! xo Keli