BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turn back time Thursday AND Thankful Thursday

turnbacktimethursday  thankul  thursday

Lisa @ MY JOURNEY THROUGH INFERTILITY is starting something new on Thursdays called Turn Back Time. I think it is pretty self explanatory. I LOVE this idea. I also love the trips down memory lane as I look through pictures from the past. So much fun and calming. (to me anyway)
So I am thrilled to participate. And it just so happens that the pictures I decided to share also go along with Thankful Thursday.  YaY, for me!!!

The following picture is of my Dad and CJ. I so miss my Dad being here and enjoying his only grandson. We are quickly approaching his second birthday in Heaven. I hate that it came at this time of year, but how awesome for him that he arrived in Heaven just in time for Christmas with Jesus.
I am THANKFUL beyond belief for the 28 years I had with my Dad and for the 19 months my son had with him and he had with my son. We were blessed with this man in our lives, no matter how long or short our time was with him. I am honored to have had him as my earthly Father and even more honored that he was CJ's Grandfather.

We miss you Papaw Bob and we Love you and mean it.

Dad and collin thanksgiving 05 
                                    My Dad & CJ(7months) (Thanksgiving 2005)

8 ?'s, comments or concerns:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Awww, how special. Saw you on Lisa's comments came over to see your post. Funny, I just posted yesterday about missing my Dad. Is that not amazing how God works guiding us in the right direction, wow. I can relate to all that your shared about.

Blessings

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your memories of your Dad. Looks like you look like your Dad : ) What a great picture and it is nice to take a trip down memory lane with you. Thanks for playing along and sharing a bit more about you and your life with your Dad.

He & Me + 3 said...

That was an awesome post. I love Memory Lane too! What a great picture of your Dad and CJ.

Katie said...

What a precious tribute to your Dad! Sweet picture.

More Than Words said...

Aww..what a sweet post for you dad, and yes..what a blessing that he was able to have that time w/ your son!

Oh..I saw your blog through Mimi's!!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a great memory. And super cute picture. Thanks for sharing :) I may try it next week!

Nancy Hood said...

aw, Kelly, how sweet. My father made his journey to Paradise July 3, 2004. We miss him so~

Davisix said...

Awww....what a super sweet pic. Hugs to you! Ang