BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

getting things accomplished

Over the weekend I was able to get my bed taken down and re-painted. (the paint color I chose will be revealed in a later post, sorry ;) ) Today, hubby is home early enough that he is installing the new carpet in our bedroom. (woo~hoo) I can not wait for this.  The carpet has needed replaced in that room since it was installed. (honestly) Hubby painted our office this weekend too. It was the last room in the house to be painted. It had more layers of wallpaper in there then I cared to count. (no kidding) The previous owners painted over the top layer of wallpaper to avoid the task of taking it down. (what a job that was)
I feel like we have gotten so much done around here in the past couple of weeks. We still have a few more things to do, but nothing too major. A vanity light in our upstairs bathroom, a new stove (our Christmas gift) and fan for the kitchen as well as a new light for over the sink. And finished up our quarter round/trim.
I can not wait!!!
We have been thinking of putting our house up for sale for some time now, but with the economy and the real estate market not being to great right now, we were not sure. After praying about it, we feel it is what we should do. If the timing is right, the house will sell. We are in no hurry to sell, so we can take our time and wait for the perfect buyer.
This feels like a huge wait has been lifted. I have always wanted to live in the country and hubby has always wanted to build his own home. So we will start looking for a piece of land sometime in the spring.
I hope everyone is having a great day. I better get back to working around here.

7 ?'s, comments or concerns:

Jill said...

Okay, you guys are just a LITTLE to ambitious for me this time of year! LOL! I can't seem to even get my gifts bought and wrapped...

And not showing us the "new" bed..well that's just down right mean! You know as the parent of a toddler that I no longer have any patience! HaHa!

Hope you are all staying warm and well!
Hugs, Jill

Unknown said...

Awesome! You can do it! We all 9 lived in 900 sq. feet until about a year ago when we added on! Nick and I did all of the interior work with 4 babies. If we can do it, you guys can too. It is so fun to accomplish things yourself with your hubby! God is in control and will truly give you the desires of your heart!

Florida Girl said...

I'm excited for you! It's wonderful to have a dream & feel like you might be close to making it happen. And to have done all that work in your house- That feels great in itself! Jessica

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Wow, you are getting tons done. I have only been away a little while and all these changes. Can't wait to see it.

Lisa said...

Ok, ok I will wait on the paint reveal til tomorrow (lol). It was a hard decision, but honestly I think both colors would look great. With your decorating...ah, yeah it will look great!!

You have indeed done alot to that house and then to turn around and sell it - UGH, I would be sad, but if you get your money out of it and turn around and build a home that you and your hubby have been dreaming of...well, it would be worth it. Are you planning on staying here in Ohio? Close to the area you are at now? There is lots of country land for sale here in London...come out this way : )

Enjoy your evening with hubby being home. I am enjoying mine being home and the roads are icy so I am glad we are all home.

He & Me + 3 said...

I can't wait to see it. Wow..you guys did do alot, you were very productive. Wan't to come paint my house? We want to sell too. Just haven't decided when. Your house is so cute (from the pictures we have seen) it should sell very quickly.

Kelly said...

We are in the same real estate boat. We haven't put our house up, but really are considering it. I am so not looking forward to it, but ... I guess we won't know if it will sell unless we try! Good luck!