BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 23, 2009

1 month post-op

One month ago today we were sleeping in Collin’s hospital room after his brain surgery.
Collin surgery 62309 Childrens Hospital 048

This is Collin earlier today…just one month later.
misc Collin 005  misc Collin 004misc Collin 003
What a difference a month makes.

In this past month Collin has done very well. He is back to his ornery self and has remained seizure free. Praise God. His incision is healing well. The sutures are all gone now and his hair is starting to grow back in.
He still wears a hat most of the time when we leave bc he thinks people will laugh @ him. ??? I have no idea where he got that idea from.

On Monday we have a check up with the CNP in neurology. This check up is mainly for us to get his seizure medicine refilled.
In October we will go for his MRI to see if the surgery was truly a success.

We have been staying busy around here. 
Our weather has been un-seasonably cool. I am enjoying it. I am not a fan of the humidity.

We are trying to make plans for a quick NYC trip for my birthday in Oct.  I have always wanted to go to NYC. I am so excited.
And if I can find a nice cabin the three of us will be going to the Smokey Mts. in TN for Thanksgiving.
Lots of things coming up. I can not wait.

3 ?'s, comments or concerns:

McCrakensx4 said...

I am so glad that he is doing so well! He looks great! I have always wanted to go to NYC, but have never been! I hope you have to go and have so much fun! And a cabin in the woods for Thanksgiving...so relaxing!

Nancy Hood said...

prayers of thanksgiving!!! now, take some deep breaths and make time for you to decompress and relax :) 'cause I just bet you've been on pins and needles. hugs!

He & Me + 3 said...

He looks wonderful. Hoping and praying that his appointments show a success!
NYC is so fun!
I am enjoying our cooler weather too. Love it in the low 70's!