BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 11, 2009

Update on Collin

Hello Ladies (and gentlemen if there are any that read my blog)  ;)
I want to apologize once again for my abrupt absence. After getting my laptop back, we discovered that it was NOT fixed after all and it had to go back. For now I am using my husband’s laptop. Have I mentioned that I do not enjoy using the desktop? Laptops spoil you. :)

Collin had an appt with a nurse practitioner in the neurologists office this past friday. She specializes in seizures. We absolutely love her. We also have a husband & wife neurosurgeon and neurologist. 
Collin’s EEG read normal after all, which is good. He has a 70% chance of out growing the seizures if they go un-diagnosed as to why he is having them. If he goes 2 years with out having another seizure, they will try & wean him from the Keppra. (YaY)
He goes next month for an MRI. They did notice on his last MRI (in Jan. 2008) that he has 2 small scars on his brain. No one seems to know why he has the scars or if they are causing the seizures. The NP thinks it is unlikely they are causing them, since he went almost three years with out having a seizure at all. The only way to find out if the scars are causing the seizures would be for him to have a seizure while hooked up to an EEG. This is almost impossible.

Misc Collin May 2009 045

THANK YOU all for your continued prayers.

6 ?'s, comments or concerns:

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks for the updates and I will keep Collin in my prayers.

Nancy Hood said...

prayers of thanksgiving :) keep us updated!

McCrakensx4 said...

so glad that he is doing better. continuing to pray for the little guy. take care!

Us said...

What a cute little guy! So glad he's doing better and I will keep him in my prayers. xoxo

Us said...

I have a new blog name and address:

www.liveyounglaughhard.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Good to hear an udate. My girlfriends daughter was about Colin's age when she started with the seizures. They did all sort of meds until a Dr. in Tampa put her on a REALLY weird and strict diet. It worked! She has now been seizure free for over 4 years now! Praying for you!