BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Can I ask for a favor?

100_1265 |
                                        PJ and his Mom, July 2007 in TN

I told you a couple weeks ago about my MIL having cancer. Well she is not doing well. She has had some trouble in the past with depression and that may be resurfacing with this recent cancer. With her chemo treatments she is very week and does not have much of an appetite. She is very shakey. (is that even a word?) So she takes medicine for that, which kind of zones her out. (this was the case at Christmas)

PJ has asked me to send her a scripture each week to lift her spirits. So I am going to.
The first scripture I have is this...

Jer29-11 

I have some others in mind, but I thought I would ask you ladies if you had any uplifting scriptures that I could pass along to her in the coming weeks. If you do and you don't mind passing them along to me, I would greatly appreciate it. As would my husband and his Mom.

You can leave them for me in the comments or email me at closetohomeblog@gmail.com

Thank you so much ladies. Your the best.

9 ?'s, comments or concerns:

He & Me + 3 said...

I sure will think...and send some your way. The first one is just perfect!

Lisa said...

I will think about some and send them your way. Have you ever thought about putting a CD together with a whole bunch of worship music on it? I know that whenever I get down on life or myself then there is nothing that helps me more then listening to some great Christian music and spending some quiet time talking to God and enjoying some great music. It helps uplift my spirits and could possibly help her too. If you don't have a CD burner then I could always put a CD together for her and you could send me some songs you would want me to add for her. Just a thought.

Hugs,
Lisa

Florida Girl said...

You Bet! Whenever I think of one I will send it your way. I'm glad we can lift each other up- that's what sisters are for! I will be praying for your mom in the meantime. jessica
PS I posted the latest update about Shannon on my blog.

McCrakensx4 said...

Let me think on it to see what I can see!! I agree with Lisa, great worship music is such a spirit lifter. What a great DIL you are.

Susie said...

I am praying for you mil PJ, and hope she finds strength and courage to face her troubles. I really hope she feels better soon.
You are a wonderful DIL for calling all blogs to find some help and healing for her. If I come across anything, I'll be sure to send it your way.
HUGS Kelly!
P.S. I am a huge fan of Joel Osteen, and I know that his mother beat cancer back in the 80's and she is still thriving today. One of the ways she did it was to pour over her bible and speak words of faith over herself everyday. You might be able to find the scripture she used with a little digging, and I will dig too to see what I can find.
HUGS again! And big prayers today!

Kelly said...

The one you already posted is the one I cling most to!! If I come up with anymore , I will let you know!! She is in my prayers!!

Unknown said...

the one you posted is one of my #1 favorite verses. and i will heep my yey/heart out for ones that may be uplifting.

Us said...

I think this is a wonderful idea! I also love the idea of worship music on a cd for her! Here's a few:

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)

I'll be praying for her. xo

He & Me + 3 said...

Kelly,

You won my pay it forward on my blog. Yeah.
Email me so I can get your address & send you your stuff!